Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Lifestyle Change Doesn't Happen Overnight!

So many times, I hear people talk about being healthy as a "lifestyle."  Which it is.  It's just that I have often wondered...

"How long before it BECOMES a lifestyle?"

Is it like a habit... 21 days?  Or, if I believe P90X, it should only be 90 days.  Wait!  There is "Trim in  30," too.  I have finally come to the conclusion that, like unto many things that I blog about, there just isn't ONE answer.  It really is different for everyone.  See, I'm not one to jump into anything.  I research, analyze, experiment, and practically go crazy over details.  Once I try to make the "change" I inevitably find SOMETHING that I wasn't prepared for, and therefore, I stop the "program" that I was doing. As a result, I felt like a failure, and made damaging decisions that affected my body, mind, and spirit.

Almost a year ago, I started THR because I no longer wanted to be "skinny."  I just wanted to like myself again.  I wanted to forget about the weight. Instead, I decided to focus on HOW to get to that path.  Since then, I have tried different programs, foods, diets, and exercises. I have seen successes and failures. I have felt the words of doubt come into my mind too many times to fathom. But, it's almost a year later, and....

I. AM. STILL. HERE. 

I haven't given up!! Do I feel different?  YES. I do. Although it took me a long time to find "my" groove. It took time to find the things that I could do to LIVE  a LIFESTYLE.  I couldn't see myself counting points, calories or fat grams for the rest of my life. I knew that if I weighed any more food, I would go crazy. So, I searched high and low and found what works best for me. I have read more books on fitness, health, eating, etc. than I care to admit. But I think that I have the answers that I was looking for.

How do I know this? Because I am HAPPY.  I FEEL beautiful again. I can breathe freely. I might not LOOK a lot different, but I FEEL different.  I have a love for life again. I am in tune with myself. I love myself..... finally.... for the first time in a very long time. That is quite a success, don't you think?

The best thing about it is that I am NOW in a place where I can focus on letting go of the old, scared, calorie counting, food weighing, Cindy, and just be me.  In this past year, I have worked on getting myself emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually ready for a mighty change in my life. In my journey, I have found the things that "make the grade" for me.  Intuitive eating, daily activity, personal serenity and peace, "me" time, and food that FUELS my body. I have had a small glimpse (two dress sizes, beautiful skin, lighter disposition, and more energy) of what lies ahead of me.  I don't know about you, but I am excited to see what this next year brings!


I'm in the process of writing my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY post!  It is FOR SURE something NOT TO BE MISSED!  It's coming up on April 27th..... Let's celebrate!  Any ideas??


No comments:

Post a Comment