Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Friday, April 11, 2014

15 Things You Should Know About Planking


I'm doing a PLANK CHALLANGE!!!  I have to confess, that my workout routine has been put away for a bit. But, I'm getting it back out and I want YOU to join me!  Pretty please????  (Does the physical appearance of the "please" make a difference?)

Although I will be getting in my hour of activity every day, I am planning on adding THIS to my routine.  It's 30 seconds- 1 min every day.  C'mon..... easy, right?

Starting MONDAY, I am going to post my times on the Facebook Page! Should any of YOU feel the need to do this with me, post YOUR times as well.  Let's cheer each other on.....

unless your SCARED! Mwuahahahah!!

The Benefits of PLANKING

If you push yourself a little, doing planks are not easy BUT the benefits are outstanding.

1. Works your upper abs, your lower abs, your obliques, and your lower back (do standard and side planks to work your entire abs).
2. Builds the stabilizer muscles.
3. Builds strength for pushups.
4. Promotes good posture and helps prevent back injuries.
5. Teaches your abs to stay contracted in a regular standing position.
Look at ALL the muscles that benefit from planking!


How to Do a Plank

1. Get face down on the floor resting on your forearms and knees.
2. Push off the floor, raising up off your knees onto your toes and resting mainly on your elbows.
3. Contract your abs to keep yourself up and prevent your booty from sticking up.
4. Keep your back flat — don't drop it or you'll be defeating the purpose. Picture your body as a long straight board, or plank.
5. Hold as long as you can. Aim for 20-30 seconds in the beginning and work your way up to one minute, as you get stronger. If you find this is easy, do it in sets of 3-5!  Sucka!!




Tips While Planking

1. Turn the timer over so that you don't see it.
2. Read a book or magazine to help pass the time.
3. Listen to Music
4. Take Deep Breaths
5. Look ahead of you for half of the time, then down at the floor for half of the time.


There you have it!  I'm ready to add this back in to my daily routine!  Funny, I think I have actually missed it!  I've said it before- if there is ONE exercise to do every day, it's THIS one.



No comments:

Post a Comment