Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 2.....


Ok!  I did it!  I am totally sweaty and I'm pretty sure that I smell like a run-down fast-food joint in the heat of a Georgia summer, but I'm done!  

Today, I went around 2 miles! I don't know the EXACT distance...this is why: I did actually complete the Jillian Michaels "Get Fit" training session.  Level 1, Workout 1.  After my experience yesterday, I decided to see if there were other workouts for beginners.  This one was the exact opposite of yesterday!  I felt like a grandma doing a workout!  It was WAY easy.  I increased the speed so that my heart rate could get up to where it needed to be.  It was a 20 minute workout that was supposed to go a half a mile!  So, obviously, I went further than the workout was supposed to go. I'm just not sure how much further.  I ALSO didn't stop there!  I went ahead and did ANOTHER 20 minute wog workout!!!  So, a total of 40 minutes!  Not bad!!!

I completed my workout with a 30 second plank and 50 sit-ups! 

Tomorrow comes the strength training workout for the upper body!  The lower body gets a rest! (I'm really just winging it here.)

My day went well yesterday with my nutrition aspect as well!  I came in just under my calorie goal on myfitnesspal.  Of course, I didn't forget to add in my workout, so that gave me a couple hundred extra calories to go off of.  That was GREAT because I was going out to dinner with some friends and I KNEW that I would need those calories.  Mission was successful. I DID have a cheese and chicken enchilada.  I know that I could have made smarter choices, and I should have, but I still came in under my goal!  That's the point, right? 

Ok.....I'll make smarter choices next time.  I need to nourish my body, not stuff it!!!  

Thanks for tuning in!

I am on my way to becoming The Healthy Redhead!




No comments:

Post a Comment