Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Monday, April 29, 2013

GO!!!!

I did it!  Today, I OWNED that treadmill! Today, my workout schedule was:

30 min treadmill workout- I chose to start one of the programs on iFit.  I am doing the "Body Makeover" program.  Today was Day 1, Level 1- for beginners.  That's me!  So........ I made it through HALF of the workout.  I think they should have a "Little More Than Walking Around" workout.  Yup, THAT would be me.  The good news is that I didn't stop working out after I about died.  It had me going from 2.0 mph with no incline to 4.2 mph on a 5 or 10 incline!!! What the...!!!!  So, when I found myself holding myself up with my hands and just sort of letting the belt of the treadmill move my legs, I decided to stop THAT workout and continue on with one a little more on my level. I continued wogging on the treadmill at 3.0 pace (not fast, but I couldn't feel my legs so give me a break.) I finished out the 30 minutes there. Broke a great sweat!

Strength Training- This isn't a strength training day, so I just did some light work. I did 2 sets of the following:
10- bicep curls
10- overhead bicep curls
10- "lawnmowers" (Don't think that is what they are called, but it's the same action as starting a lawnmower.)
10- bench dips

30 second Plank- I wanted to quit at 10 seconds, so 30 seconds was really huge.

So, you can see that I mostly did arm work.  This is because I don't feel like I get that on the treadmill (excluding holding myself up during hard workouts.)

Now, for the big stuff.  I am SO SCARED to do this!  Realizing that I want others to feel like they can do this with me, I need to be honest in where I am.  So folks, here goes nothing! Here are my BEFORE pictures and starting weight.  Don't I look happy???  LOL!  Actually, I am NOT smiling on purpose.  Have you noticed that NO ONE smiles in the before pictures?  No, I don't have any "AFTER" pictures.  I can see why most people don't put their pictures on until they DO have an AFTER pic, but I'm not like "most people." This is so I can be all happy and amazing in my next pictures! Just one small confession- I have lost weight since these were taken, but I wanted to show you my STARTING self! 


Front- 257 lbs

Side- 257 lbs

Back- 257 lbs
Ok, here are my starting measurements:
Right Upper Arm 15" from bottom of my ear: 17 1/4"
Right Wrist- 7"
Right Thigh at middle finger: 28 3/4"
Chest: 43"
Waist: 46"
Hips: 54"



How Did This Happen??


I can blame this on A LOT of things!  Having babies, 2 C-sections, Hysterectomy, PCOS, etc....... but the fact is, I just stopped caring about myself.  I guess....  I mean, the truth is, I have NO IDEA how this happened.  Seriously.  I mean, people can be rude about it and think "Well, duh!  You just ate too much" or "You never worked out!"  But honestly folks, I eat better than a lot of those women that you see at the gym that work out forever, then stop at the gas station for a huge Diet Coke!!  When I look at these pictures I see ALL of those things.  I see motherhood.  I see putting off the gym to be home with my kids that do online school. I see family movie nights with popcorn. I see many personal sacrifices.  I also see that I sacrificed myself TOO much.  There really needs to be a balance in all things. 


It's MY Time


In reality, we all have different body types.  BUT, the thing that we all have in common is that we ALL want to be healthy.  Don't we?  I guess I just can't imagine that there is anyone out there that is saying to themselves, "You know, I just want to be fat and die at an early age!" Nope, I don't think that anyone thinks that.  I've been wrong before though.

And so we begin.  I guess, I'm glad that I only have a few followers right now.  This took WAY more courage than I thought it would.  That is really silly when you think about it. I mean, a lot of people see me every day.  They KNOW what I look like!  So, I guess, I was more afraid of what I would see when I posted these pictures.  Turns out, I see SO much more than fat!  I just need to lose the fat so that the other things are easier to see!  

I am on my way to becoming The Healthy Redhead!





2 comments:

  1. This is so honest and open. And you're totally right about sacrifices. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is still hard to read this, but my goal is to be open in hopes that others will relate. Plus, it keeps me honest with myself

    ReplyDelete