Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Setting up the Schedule

I am a firm believer in schedules.  My personal calender (kept on Google Calendars) is color coded for each member of the family, my voice lessons schedule, Jeff's work schedule, church calendars, etc.  It's intense!  AND, my workout schedule is no different!  It goes right along with the other calendars.  HOWEVER, I have also found that if I have this right next to my bed, where I see it every day, it helps me to "get up and go!"

This is what my schedule for next week looks like:
I know that it is hard to see, but it's there.  My workout schedule for the week.  I basically combine the treadmill workouts with bodbot workouts.  Then, I throw in my DVD's for fun and "break days." You should aim for 30 minutes of cardio 3-5 times a week, a full body strength training 2-3 times a week, and 2 rest days of really light Yoga or rest.

 Keeping a schedule like this helps me to keep things exciting.  When I get used to working out every day, I hope to add things like swimming and biking.  But for now, I am sticking with things that I KNOW I can do every day.

How to Set Up a Schedule

For some great tips on how to set up a great workout schedule, check out the following sites.

Here is an example of a workout plan:

Monday: 30-60 minutes of cardio training, such as power walking, elliptical or Spin class.

Tuesday: 25 minutes of cardio training.  20 minutes of a full-body strength training routine, circuit training or Body Pump. 

Wednesday: Rest day doing yoga, Pilates or stretching class.

Thursday: 30-60 minutes of cardio training, such as jogging, hiking or swimming. (Notice that this is at a more intense level than Monday's work out.)

Friday: 25 minutes of cardio training. 20 minutes of a full-body strength training routine, circuit training or Body Pump.

Saturday: 30-60 minutes of cardio training, such as power walking, rowing machine or stair climbing.

Sunday: Rest day. Enjoy time at the park, or a family hike. 

This makes for a total of 5 days of cardio (some harder than others,) and 2 days of full body strength training, and 2 rest days. This is right within the limits of what all the experts say to do!

Whew!  I know that I can do this, and so can you!  I will admit though, adding this to my already crazy schedule seems daunting. 



I am on my way to becoming The Healthy Redhead!

No comments:

Post a Comment