Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Perfection


I gave a lesson in church today. The topic was "Perfection."  Or, more, becoming perfect.  In the Book of Matthew 5:48 it says "Be ye therefore perfect; even as your Father which is in Heaven is perfect."  As I prepared for this lesson, I could think of over a hundred ways that I was NOT perfect.  Yup, not even close.   But I soon came to realize that I was on the PATH to perfection, and that is what really matters.  I was doing everything that I could to follow THAT particular commandment.  Each day, I am perfect at different things.  Sometimes, I am a perfect mom, wife, friend.  Other times, I am perfect in service to my fellow men.  Maybe perhaps, I was just perfect in my goal to not kill my children! Kidding!!     


My NOT Perfect Body With Perfect Results

I think that it is obvious that I have not been perfect in maintaining this body.  As I worked to accomplish my goals this week, I focused mainly on my diet and exercise.  I ate the right foods at the right amounts.  I exercised daily.  I really did everything right!  I was perfect in this effort.  My results were not the perfect results that one would desire, but that is ok. I suppose that in reality, my results WERE perfect results.  I am a better person because I accomplished those goals.  I feel better about myself.  I am happier.  I want to continue on!  That is HUGE!  This is a path to perfection that I am VERY glad to be on!  


Imperfection Happens...Deal With It, Perfectly.

There WILL be days that are less than perfect.  It just happens.  Life happens.  But that doesn't mean that all is lost.  No matter the weight loss program or personal trainer, they will tell you that EVERYONE falls off the "band wagon" sometimes.  The important thing to do is to take a sharp turn and get right back on! I would even go as far as to say that is the PERFECT thing to do!  Damage Control is not something that we can afford to lose.  Don't give up just because you had a "junk day."  

If you want to stop starting over, you have to stop giving up! 

I am on my way to becoming The Healthy Redhead!

No comments:

Post a Comment