Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Spiritual Health Aids Our Physical Health



Becoming Spiritually Healthy

Today, I was struck by lightning!  Not literally, OBVIOUSLY!  But, it occurred to me that I could not be "The HEALTHY Redhead" unless I was healthy in ALL aspects of my life.  I have put focus on the physical aspects and a little on the emotional aspects, but what about the SPIRITUAL aspects?  I really feel that to be completely healthy and happy, we need to be spiritually free.  We need to know and be secure with the fact that there is a God that loves us (no matter our imperfections.) I have lost sight of this somehow.  I have put so much focus on making myself who I want to be that I haven't thought about who HE wants me to be. 


We Need to Take Care of This Gift that God Gave Us


Now, do I think that God cares whether I am physically healthy? Well,  He gave me this body, and I have not taken the best care of it.  I know and feel that he is happy with my efforts and decision to do better, and I feel his strength and help along the way.  I feel it more NOW than I have EVER felt it when I have tried before.  Why?  Well, I'm not sure, but I think it might be because my INTENTIONS are different.  My DESIRES are to be healthy and happy, and that's it!  I'm not doing this to look better in a swimming suit.  I'm not doing this so that I won't be embarrassed going out with my "skinny" friends.  I am not doing this because I feel like crap about myself.  I'm not even doing this to "lose weight," in fact, I cringe every time someone asks me if this is a weight loss blog.  I just want to slap them and yell "NO! It's about being Healthy and Happy!"  (Once again, a NOT perfect response, but give me a break.)  But you see, those were all reasons why I would try weight loss programs before.  But, here's the kicker!!  THEY DON'T WORK!!!  Why?  Because MY DESIRES AND INTENTIONS were not right. 


You HAVE to WANT it! 

I can honestly say that NOW, after a little over 10 years of being overweight, NOW I have realized the secret!  The secret to a healthier, happier lifestyle is........to WANT to be healthier and happier!!  Shhhhhhh......don't tell everyone.  The trick is maintaining the WANT in that equation.  But that is what God (or whatever higher power you believe in) is there for.  He is your cheering section!   It's amazing what happens when you really have the desire to just be better.


I am on my way to becoming The Healthy Redhead!

No comments:

Post a Comment