Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My Powerhouse Muffins!

I really wanted to come up with a powerhouse muffin to start my day!  These turned out great! Well, I think that they did.  I mean, the name needs a little work, but still. They are dense, moist, and delicious!  Even the kids liked them.  I didn't put in any nuts or raisins, but that would be awesome!!



2 3/4 C Oat Bran
3/4 C Cooked Quinoa
4 Ripe Bananas
1 Large Apple, shredded (or organic, natural applesauce- 1 C)
1/2 Tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
4 TBSP Agave
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon
3/4 C Water
2 TBSP Ground Flax
2 TBSP Cinnamon
2 Tsp Lemon Zest
Walnuts (optional)
Raisins (optional)



Preheat oven to 375.

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.

In a separate bowl, combine banana, shredded apple, lemon juice,zest,  coconut oil, agave, and optional ingredients and mash together until semi smooth.





Combine wet and dry ingredients in to one bowl until blended together.





Use muffin scoop to scoop them into a SPRAYED muffin tin.



Bake for 40-50 minutes or until Golden Brown.  Muffins will not raise.  Store in fridge when cooled.
Yields: 18 regular sized muffins (using muffin scoop)
Calories: 90 per muffin
Carbs: 23g
Fat: 2g
Protein: 3g
Sodium: 84g
Sugar: 8g


I am on my way to becoming The Healthy Redhead!

No comments:

Post a Comment